I just added a few more of my older writings so you can now go read them without having to go over toIngenuitas.org. There are only three new ones, buy all the rest of the things I have written were either news or relating to news and are dated. So I won’t post those here.
The three pieces I have posted are: The Case for Open Boarders; Why the Tragedy of the Commons does not apply to Intellectual Property, global burden of disease which I had posted here previously, no rx and; The Failure of National Militaries.
With The Case for Open Boarder I have some doubts about what I said, most of them were summed up inthis comment that says:
When I was writing this and fully thinking it through I ran into many problems. In the EU the entire workforce is trained. Maybe not all of them have college degrees, but they are all at the same level as the American population, generally speaking. When you have open boarders between industrialized and non-industrialized countries it’s the untrained labor that will migrate from the non-industrial countries to the industrialized ones.This causes a problem: You will have many untrained laborer vying for scarce jobs. If we go by standard economic principal, when the supply goes up, price goes down. So the supply of untrained labor goes up, but the price cannot go down because there are minimum wage laws. Also, the price of goods will go up because there will be more demand. So the untrained laborer will come to America, get paid more, and be able to buy the exact same amount of goods as he was before he moved.
At the same time, it will still be cheaper for companies to manufacture goods overseas because a dollar in a ‘third world’ country will go further than a dollar in America; the cost of goods is less there. So the way I really see it is that without first educating everybody in the world open boarders will not help the developing world and will only hurt the developed world.
This is still an issue that I am thinking about, so I don’t know what will come of it.
As far as The Failure of National Militaries goes it’s the first of a three part effort that I haven’t got around to finishing yet. Incase you care, here is the outline for all three peices. The Failure of National Militaries just covers point number 1.
- Protect Boarders.
- No longer is it govs that attack, small multinatinal groups. (Terrorism).
- Regulate the Econony.
- Need substantial governing body to over see econ.
- Reguate speding and interest rates.
- Use EU and Euro as example.
- Two reasons, one utility, one ideoligy.
- Make ecnomic sense, stabalize world econ.
- Spreads market slowdowns all over the world so nobody gets hit too hard.
- Makes large scale chain reaction recesions less likely. (Prevent the Asia Crisis from happening again).
- Regulation can wheel multinationals back under the reign of law.
- Protect world poor from being extorted.
- Provide internatinal min wage.
- Raise standard of living.
- Set tariffs to counteract any unfair trade practices. (Have 3rd party set tariffs instead of hurt country)
- Legal Juristiction.
- War Crimes.
- International Laws.
- International Corprate Law.